Thinking out of the box refers to the capacity of individual or an organization to see situation from different and new arena/ perspective. We all have a unique insight us but never explore. The challenge is only lateral thinking or we can also call expanded way of thinking. Thinking out of the box (TOOTB) provides way to generate new ideas and solution to problems / situation as now its necessity.
TOOTB is effective in various aspect from Problem solving, decision making, New product development, Planning, Conflict management or putting things in different way in a day to day can help us to analyse our inter-potential and self satisfaction. Its just that we all have to develop this skills and keep implementing it. Each one of us need to continuously challenge and expand their ways of thinking to enhance personal and business effectiveness. But,most of us are so lost in daily chorus of life that never get time to see things from different perspective.
"People are always blaming circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them" George Bernard Shaw .
TOOBT has to be done in focused approach, which is very effective and practical and, you can prove your true potential.
Important tool of TOOTB is Brainstorming. Various types of Brainstorming techniques have been encapsulated for all reader. If you need more details on below said technique please mail me @ email@example.com.
Brainstorming Techniques: With various techniques of brainstorming, it is no wonder that the TOOTB can give and has been giving better results.
- · SCAMPER: Developed by Bob Eberle, this brainstorming tool stands for: Substitute, Combine, Adapt, Modify, Put, Eliminate, and Reverse.
- · Word Games: This easy and fun way to warm up your mind used at the beginning of the brainstorming session.
- · Cause and Effect Analysis: Also called fishbone; Listing all the possible causes and effects of a problem is an efficient way.
- · Mind Maps: Have a bunch of random thoughts and need to get them organized? Then try the Mind Maps technique. Ask for sample mind-map from mail id mentioned above.
- · SWOT Analysis: This brainstorming method is used to analysis a problem’s Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats. Uses for corporate marketing, and more.
- · Kailedoscope Brainstorming Process: This five step method developed by Dr. Murthy of Nisvara Inc, this process makes use of both silence and communication.
- · The Reframing Matrix: This simple technique helps you look at business problems from a number of different viewpoints.
- · Star-bursting: By bombarding a topic or idea with questions, the answers can provide valuable brainstorming insight.
- · Affinity Diagram: Have too much information and don’t know where to start? Then use this diagram to organize and sort through your ideas and create affinity with each other.
- · The Lotus Blossom Technique: Developed by Yasuo Matsumura, Director of the Clover Management Research in Japan, this technique is based upon the petals of the lotus flower. The six major steps of this technique along with diagram gives 64 ideas..
- · Bisociation: By forcing or banging ideas together, get information on forced association and cognitive dissonance.
- · Random Word Technique: Type a description of your problem into the form, get random words, choose one, and get a list of solutions.
- · Random Picture Generator: This site is ideal for those who need to throw something random. It offers dozens of thought provoking.
- · Visual Brainstorming: When verbal brainstorming fails, go visual. By collaboratively generating ideas without using the spoken or written word, you can come up with incredible solution.
1- A good initiative accomplishes goals and sets new ones. For achieving this :
Think of new action steps,
Decide what resources are needed,
Make sure all activities are focused on conditions and are making progress to your vision of the future.
2- We are truly only limited by our own imaginations. When you are planning, brainstorm all the ways you can accomplish the same thing. Some of your ideas will seem like they won’t work in your situation. Then choose another from your list. Whatever you do, don’t give up.
YOUTH - Youth all over the nation, indeed the world, are creating and helps in bringing change. ALL THE BEST.